The mighty rush of the wind
whipping tree seedling
the mighty pin oak protection
storm weathered pressed
into soil blackness
seemingly world lost
until the core of itself
flimsy roots push upward
faith and hope fragile
reaching ever light upward
into a mighty pin oak
sprouting fragile seeds
harsh weather regardless
this born again journey
of a life given over
to our Savior
- 10 squirrels running past my window at work, as though a tri-cera-cat was chasing them – God showing me He was there and there was fun to be had
- friends letting us use a field for a son’s air-soft birthday party
- dinner with friends, laughter, and a faith story of forgiveness in the bible that I hadn’t realized before
- Grandbaby girl dedicated to the Lord
- Holding grandbaby girl during church,
- Her falling asleep without a peep in my arms, that I can do that
- All my sons sitting in service together
- Celebrating Father’s Day with my husband. When God answers prayers, He answers abundantly. He gave me an amazing husband!
- Zinnia seeds grown to bloom
- Conversations with my sons
- Cardinals chirping at 6 a.m.
- Dove calls in the evenings
- Evening walks with my husband reviewing the progress of our carrots, tomatoes, zinnias, butterfly bushes, peppers, shasta daisies and so many other growing things
- The hope of prayers answered. I might not know how they are to be answered but God sends clues just when I need them!
- Things stored in my heart, messages from the Father, that prepared me – the remembrance of those messages
- pumpkin seeds volunteering
- my sons’ humor – either in solo or in a chorus.
- homegrown eggs from a friend – because that’s what friends do
- my husband helping me because he wants to, not because he has to
- friends in the blogahood who pray – that they are friends like that.
- peaches at the Farmer’s market
- the difference one year can make