I’ve packed up my blue cotton family for a beach holiday – along the way, I’ve gathered the Father’s blessings.
775) Leaving behind the spent corn fields, winding our way through the cotton fields to my mother’s transplanted home in Northern Florida for an overnight
776) Welcome hugs, my mother’s feast, all of us crowding around the dinner table, ending with a plate full of her signature caramel cake
777) A family friend opening her home to half of us – enabling my mother to enjoy the little ones sleeping over with comfortable enough room.
778) The knitting and the reading that kept me busy during the ride
779) Arriving – after a long journey – to the destination
780) The backbone to stand up to the group of these boys-to-men and make sure we picked up some necessary things BEFORE we got to our holiday destination – that’s sometimes the uncomfortable job of mothering – the standing up to the masses to secure a solution to head off a problem.
781) One son, recognizing I’d reached the end of myself, giving me a hug
782) 2 hours in the lazy river, me in my inner tube , my husband in his – and the boys trying to surprise us – continually
783) An blue ocean view, a cup of coffee, and time with the Father before everyone wakes.
784) smiles everywhere -in the morning, for the camera – from all the boys
785) 2 pigeons enacting a Morality Play
786) dolphins playing on the horizon
787) little yellow trimmed fish surfacing to stare at me, follow me in my blue, yellow and red inner-tube in the ocean
788) time spent on these lazy river and ocean surface journeys, bobbing along with my husband
789) What likely and unlikely places are you finding these messages – these notes from the Father? Each of the above incidents, meetings all contain messages from the Father to me.